Shop compressors

hoot
Site Admin

Shop compressors

Postby hoot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:51 pm

What kind of compressor do you have in your shop?
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

hoot
Site Admin

Re: Shop compressors

Postby hoot » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I have been using this little 3.3hp Ingersol oilesss compressor for probably 15 years or more. Still using it. Noisy and high rpm but has been beat to hell and keeps on running.

Bought a real nice used Quincy 325 this spring. Getting it set up now.
Attachments
0042.jpg
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

m5pileofaluminum

Postby m5pileofaluminum » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:20 am

Now that's the way to go a 325. I have a free 325 just like the one hanging from the back hoe. Have 2 other 325's. v 4 emglo a mean little thing . Ingersol SS3 ,5hp mounted in the truck. various junks in stagnate condition. Air tanks all over. I want a 100 gallon tank and a violent scre compressor to blast my steam whistles. working on this :?

Derailed 2005

Postby Derailed 2005 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm

I have a 30 gallon upright Craftsman that my wife used briefly when she was doing upholstery and drapery work. It was fine for P horns and low-volume users, but not much good for M horns.
I found a Campbell-Hausfield 60 gallon rig with a bad motor, stripped everything off of the platform and slaved it to my 30 gallon system, now I can get M5's tuned and singing with no problem. The 60 gallon tank is postioned a couple of feet from where my horn valve is located. Also, I ditched the Graham-White valve in favor of a simple ball valve and that helped, too.

Ron

Return to “Compressed Air”