Forum etiquette

hoot
Site Admin

Re: deleted

Postby hoot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 pm

I made some forum permission changes. You can no longer delete posts and editing is restricted to a set length of time. Basically standard protocol on many forums.. We need to preserve the data. If you don't want it preserved, don't post. If you join, expect to remain. If you want to leave, stop posting. Enjoy the platform for sharing.
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

AzHonker

Postby AzHonker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:09 am

I know I'm an outsider looking in, but it sure seems a bad thing that people, especially the knowledgeable ones, want to leave the discussion and withdraw information they have shared at one time. Hell, in the last year we've lost two "Old Pros" forever. It just seems ... umm petty and counterproductive to bicker and pout in the face of our recent loss.
Sorry just my 2¢
Edit: This wasn't worded properly. It sounds like our friends died on purpose. That wasn't my intention at all. I guess what I meant to say is it's bad enough that people are leaving us involuntarily forever. It's too bad some choose to just "up-n-leave".

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:59 am

There are sometimes situations where someone posted something that they later realize wasn't something they wanted out there for personal reasons or a post they really need to edit for accuracy or additional info. On occasion a correspondence to the admin can get that alleviated. I am trying to make this place one of info sharing, not chest pounding. I wonder if that is why the former site was abandoned. Lets keep it growing. The more the merrier. If you see posts that seem objectionable just flag them with the report button. I am trying to be transparent to the membership from an admin point of view. We had a few problems with repeat warnings and bans. I hope you all can ease it up. If you have a personal problem with a member, please do not respond on the forum. Simply report the post.
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

Return to “Locomotive Air Horns”