The horn and whistle board on life support.

m5pileofaluminum

Re: The horn and whistle board on life support.

Postby m5pileofaluminum » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:06 pm

Thank you, But what makes them (read) the site? That sounds like artificial intelligence, I ROBOT,
So does some freek make them, program them to search and read ,update? What for ,why, to what avail?
Explain?.
So will I ROBOT bust out of my office one day in the machine shop and come grab me? :shock: :shock:

rjk

Postby rjk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm

The robots are programmed with magic created by geeks that never sleep, and consume caffeinated water and candy bars as their only source of food. :geek: :ugeek:

:lol:

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:23 am

Like I mentioned in the previous post, search sites like Google and Yahoo have giant databases that always need to be updated. They ( programmers) write programs that go out on the web and update their database. By allowing them special permissions on your site you get more web exposure because their databases show the new activity.
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

m5pileofaluminum

Postby m5pileofaluminum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54 am

:lol: :shock: :roll: Good one R J K. that sounds like a comment my good buddy Gevo would make?

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 am

Mike
E-Bell

m5pileofaluminum

Postby m5pileofaluminum » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:37 am

I will read that link, but can these bots and spiders read,you say they up date, so can they read? that's almost as scary as the ebola deal.

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:00 am

m5pileofaluminum wrote:I will read that link, but can these bots and spiders read,you say they up date, so can they read? that's almost as scary as the ebola deal.

No they just look for changes so they can update their search databases with new material. You are letting the term "robot" bother you. It's only called a bot because it runs without human intervention at times. Basically computer software that is designed to find new entries on the internet and add them to databases.
Mike
E-Bell

m5pileofaluminum

Postby m5pileofaluminum » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:18 am

Thats where the provebial term (ignorance breeds fear) comes from. I am rather computer ignorant. :? :cry: :idea: :arrow: :roll:

as you can tell I like the little yellow animated faces. That is fastinating the robot computer is alive .

loco112

Postby loco112 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:04 am

Thanks Mike for giving us a new home.

One other thing to try to get copies of the data on the old forum is a program webpage called the "Way Back" Machine, it can get a copy of the forum from long ago and then the info can be copied.

I just went to https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://ho ... /index.php
input; http://hornwhistleboard.com/index.php and got this; "X" has been saved 80 times between March 13, 2007 and December 3, 2013.

It shows them all, but only has a few pages from each forum, so its not all there to get, but some is.

Loco112 (locomotive Steam whistle info chaser)

Return to “Thoughts”