Robert Swanson Whistle

csxnslne

Robert Swanson Whistle

Postby csxnslne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Hello all! I recently had the opportunity to purchase one of Mr. Swanson's homemade whistles. It was supposed to have been used in his audio lab as a reference. The whistle remained at Airchime until 2007, and I can't find much more information about it. It is a 6 chime of welded steel construction. I have yet to find a recording of it. I have seen at least one picture of the whistle while at Airchime. Does anyone with knowledge about Mr. Swanson and his whistles have any more information or, even better, a recording?
Attachments
$_3.JPG
R E Swanson 6 chime

Jazz_Bass

Re: Robert Swanson Whistle

Postby Jazz_Bass » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Unfortunately the one man who would have this information passed away a few months ago. Fred Berry had talked about this whistle a couple times. You may be able to search through forum posts and see if you can find any of it.
I have a P0 bell and you don't, NA-NA-NANA-NA!

csxnslne

Postby csxnslne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks for the information. Mr. Berry's insight was always so helpful. I've been searching through archived posts. I haven't found anything yet, but will continue to search. Thankfully, I should be able to make my own recordings on steam within the next week.

-Will Haines

SAR621

Postby SAR621 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:51 am

Did you buy this on eBay recently? I saw it listed.

Cheers

Return to “Locomotive Whistles”