How much they worth ?

theboatman

How much they worth ?

Postby theboatman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Anyone know what these horns may be worth , thinking about buying them to resale , they came off ships from India
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Captofchaos

Re: How much they worth ?

Postby Captofchaos » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:58 pm

First step, identify what they are:
First horn looks like a kockums sonic tyfon MKT 150-110 or a copy. Do you know what material the horn is made from? Cast iron ones are heavy and not desirable, aluminum and FRP worth $500.00 to $800.00

Second horn looks like a zollner makrofon m75- 220 or so. I would value it the same as a single trumpet train horn of similar pitch $100.00 to $150.00

Third looks like a kockums tyfon 75-300 or so, plastic trumpet worth $75.00 to $100.00 or so

All prices assuming reasons US shipping, and horns in operational condition

theboatman

Postby theboatman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:45 pm

I think the big one is a Supertyfon mkt 150/90 or 110 kockum sonics did not know on the others , thanks for the info , thought they would have been worth a lot more

theboatman

Postby theboatman » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:54 pm

I was offered $2700 for the big one but the shipping was goin to be a lot

Bighornshunter

Postby Bighornshunter » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:56 am

Hello everyone,

The last comment nearly made me fall down my chair!

I was offered $2700 for the big one but the shipping was goin to be a lot

$2700.00???

Are you kidding?
Inside the US?
This is robbery!!!

I have my own way to find ship horns from breakers in Asia, this is in Chittagong, Bangladesh.
I didn't want to talk about it, but I am taking a few steps back from the hobby and your quote makes me feel the need to react.
My contact over there sold me all the large horns I now have for 250 Euros a piece!
Aluminium, fiberglass and cast steel, all the same price, FOB Chittagong.
Bronze horns are more expensive, as expected.

It means that this Kockums MKT 150/110 is TEN times the price that I paid for the same horn.
Actually, a bit less than what I paid for ten horns!!!

Do not trust sellers from Alang, ask Big Mike what he feels about the people he met there...
They simply don't have the same way to think "Business" like we do.
And never buy in Pakistan, your money will go to the Baluch tribes that bomb their christian neighbours...

I hope this will help and enjoy the hobby.

Cheers

Raoul

GEOMAZ35

Postby GEOMAZ35 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Completely low ball values.

Try finding a Kockums Supertyfon TA 85 ...anywhere. And then finding the Kockums Supertyfon TA 110 to match it with. My set along with Raoul's set in France are the only ones I know of.

The AirChime 85 & 110 are nice and lighter weight for your trailer application granted, I've actually seen your exact ones pre-purchase in bare metal ...the bronze power chamber alone of the SuperTyfon TA probably weighs more than your whole horn...yes, built like a tank.

Our one-piece bell design will always be worth more than the MKT two-piece bolt ons. Those prices mentioned above are consistent with fiberglass bell horns, and knockoff copycat brands made in China, Japan, Russia.

As for getting $2700 for that mkt, make the deal if it's for real.
My pair is available for $4000, and will only be sold together.

shipshorn

Postby shipshorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

theboatman wrote:Anyone know what these horns may be worth , thinking about buying them to resale , they came off ships from India

hello, theboatman
I have the same horn (original) which one you are showing in image (image no.1) with aluminium and fibre glass body. If you are interested i will supply this horn at very competitive price. My email address is shipshorn@shipshorn.com, sales@shipshorn.com. Other than these i have big collection used and brand new horns of ZOLLNER, KOCKUM SONICS, IBUKI, SARACOM etc.

Return to “Ship, Boat, Fog and Fire Horns”