Dr. Ken.........

njt4272

Dr. Ken.........

Postby njt4272 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Well, well well.....I haven't been here for many years. Good to see the place is still here.

Firing off my M5 last night at midnight, which has been tradition for several years now, reminded me of an unresolved issue I have with the illustrious Horn Doctor.

I was wondering if anyone has current contact information for Mr. Kanne that they could forward to me. I really need to speak with him. Tommy Aker sold me new cast #3 and #5 P-bells back in July of 2010 that he shipped directly to Dr. Ken for me for re-tuning to old cast #3 & #5 tuning. After that, Dr. Ken dropped off the face of the earth and I never got my P bells that I paid $130 for. I even tried contacting him 2 years later with no luck. (with saved email chains to prove all of this)

At this point, going on 7 years after I paid for those bells, I don't think its much to ask to finally have my legally purchased property returned to me (even if they haven't been modified) or to receive a check for their value if they're already long gone.

7 years - I think I've been patient.

"Dr. Ken, I just want my horns back"!
- Nathan P5r24 - NC1,2,4,5,OC3 -The 'Fantasy Quality' P5 from the 'P-Unit Primer'
- Ex-NJT Wabco AA-2
- 1952 Nathan M5 ABF
- Nathan P3X: P235 ABF - NC2,3,OC5 - F,G#,C#
- OC Nathan P01235 - Elwood Belknap collection
- Wabco E2-B1 - Ed Kaspriske collection

Iron Horse

Re: Dr. Ken.........

Postby Iron Horse » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:15 pm

You can email Ken directly at:

kkanne at centurytel dot net
Last edited by Iron Horse on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 pm

I had a problem also but eventually got ahold of him, I found him posting on http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showth ... rnhospital

He is hornhospital on there.

He just posted there yesterday. I joined the Bimmerfest forum just to PM him. He answered there.

Curious as he complained about health issues and money and inabilty to use the internet yet he was posting profusely on that forum. Strange way of doing business.

Also someone gave me his phone number. He just hangs up.
Mike
Nathan K3LA under the truck
E-Bell
Bunch of Leslie singles all sold.

RES

Postby RES » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:10 am

It is sad that Dr. Ken has pretty much removed himself from our hobby. Dr. Ken was the finest metal cobbler in the country, the work he did, bringing old M5's back to life was just...amazing...Thankfully we still have Mike Muha to carry on Kanne's work.

You're not invited...

Horns owned: Thomas the Tank Engine plastic horn

njt4272

Postby njt4272 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:21 am

RES wrote:It is sad that Dr. Ken has pretty much removed himself from our hobby. Dr. Ken was the finest metal cobbler in the country, the work he did, bringing old M5's back to life was just...amazing...Thankfully we still have Mike Muha to carry on Kanne's work.

Oh I will certainly agree with you, sir. A fine example of Dr. Ken's M5 handiwork is sitting a mere 5 feet from me as I type, but the fact remains that he took possession of property I paid for 6 1/2 years that he never returned to me. Last time I checked, that's theft.
- Nathan P5r24 - NC1,2,4,5,OC3 -The 'Fantasy Quality' P5 from the 'P-Unit Primer'
- Ex-NJT Wabco AA-2
- 1952 Nathan M5 ABF

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:31 am

Over 20,000 posts on this forum

Kenbmw1.jpg

Kenbmw2.jpg
Kenbmw2.jpg (10.33 KiB) Viewed 1611 times

Ken needs to make good on this and any others that he might have. It is possible he lost owner info but he should answer emails since he still posts regularly on the BMW forum.
Mike
E-Bell

njt4272

Postby njt4272 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:52 am

hoot wrote:Over 20,000 posts on this forum

Kenbmw1.jpg
Kenbmw2.jpg

Ken needs to make good on this and any others that he might have. It is possible he lost owner info but he should answer emails since he still posts regularly on the BMW forum.

I have already joined this BMW forum and have since sent him a message through it. We'll see if I get a response. If he can afford to play with BMWs, I don't think my $130 is going to break the bank. I just want this settled already, whether its a box of P bells on my porch or a check in my mailbox. I've been patient.
- Ex-NJT Wabco AA-2
- 1952 Nathan M5 ABF

RES

Postby RES » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 pm

njt4272 wrote:

Kenbmw1.jpg
Kenbmw2.jpg

I have already joined this BMW forum and have since sent him a message through it. We'll see if I get a response. If he can afford to play with BMWs, I don't think my $130 is going to break the bank. I just want this settled already, whether its a box of P bells on my porch or a check in my mailbox. I've been patient.

I agree...there are several other collectors out there who have horns waiting in the horn hospital...some of who are very upset about this. His health is poor. On that matter, when I first saw this post title, "Dr. Ken", I was afraid it would be a death notice...
You're not invited...

Horns owned: Thomas the Tank Engine plastic horn

hoot
Site Admin

Postby hoot » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:51 pm

RES wrote:
njt4272 wrote:

Kenbmw1.jpg
Kenbmw2.jpg

I agree...there are several other collectors out there who have horns waiting in the horn hospital...some of who are very upset about this. His health is poor. On that matter, when I first saw this post title, "Dr. Ken", I was afraid it would be a death notice...

Sorry but the excuses about health doesn't fly with me. If he can post on a BMW forum, he can talk to these people whom he has property of theirs.
Mike
E-Bell

Iron Horse

Postby Iron Horse » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Some years ago Ken got really ill and was bedridden for weeks, a few of his friends dropped by and thought they would be doing him a favor by 'straightening out' his shop... you can well imagine what resulted.

Months ago I discussed with Ken the idea of inviting people by in an attempt to collect their stuff, to no avail.

I have stuff there as well, but I've been taking a week off every year for the past five or six years to help him.

Return to “Thoughts”