1971 S5TRRO

ChessieK5LA

1971 S5TRRO

Postby ChessieK5LA » Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted on here. Been busy with lots of different projects, and the usual day-to-day life as a human. :lol:
Anywho, here is a recent purchase I just finished rebuilding. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to send the heads off to get re-machined, as they still didn't cooperate after rebuilding. This horn came from the Southeast, and I believe it to be an old Seaboard/ACL/SCL horn. It's a variable orifice horn, and I cannot wait to get some decent recordings of it in the hills of Michigan.

Thanks,

-Eric

SBD S5TRRO VAR.jpg
Horn collector from the Motor City.

-Eric

Leslie S5A

Re: 1971 S5TRRO

Postby Leslie S5A » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Looks great!

LeslieS5aFan

Postby LeslieS5aFan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 am

ChessieK5LA wrote:Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted on here. Been busy with lots of different projects, and the usual day-to-day life as a human. :lol:
Anywho, here is a recent purchase I just finished rebuilding. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to send the heads off to get re-machined, as they still didn't cooperate after rebuilding. This horn came from the Southeast, and I believe it to be an old Seaboard/ACL/SCL horn. It's a variable orifice horn, and I cannot wait to get some decent recordings of it in the hills of Michigan.

Thanks,

-Eric

SBD S5TRRO VAR.jpg

Could you make it so only the 25 and 44 bells are reversed?

LeslieS5aFan

Postby LeslieS5aFan » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

ChessieK5LA wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks,

-Eric

SBD S5TRRO VAR.jpg
I believe the only time I heard a s5t ever was years ago on a railroad called the "Winnipesaukee Railroad." The horn itself was never a part of the line, but the main railroad itself (the Hobo Railroad) has a s5trro (with the same reversal as this one) on one of their Also switcher.

Return to “Locomotive Air Horns”